June 15, 2012



When I think about health, I think about more than just what one is putting into their mouth. Living in America can be difficult at times. You may be thinking, we have everything in America. Well, that may be the cause of some of our problems, but not all. There are also some places in America where there is no good source of healthy foods.

In addition, there are economic issues going on right now that effect people, along with people's individual lives that effect themselves as well.

These are just to name a few. All of these factors, and more effect our health and overall, our wellness. Wellness encompasses more than just food and exercise, but career, financial, relationships, our abilities to do things, and more.

I truly believe when it comes to helping someone, you need to focus on the whole person, not just what they are putting into their mouth.

I currently am going to school to be a social worker and I am also a Personal Wellness Coach. I see a lot of health issues with my clients and I always believe that it is not just their diet to blame.

I remember when I was depressed and overweight, it was not just my weight that was a problem, but it was that, I was unemployed, and felt I did not fit into society.

My story is not like everyone else's, but the point is when thinking about getting healthy, just don't focus on how many calories you can burn, but think about how you can take care of yourself.

Here are some tips on how to improve your wellness.

1. Get enough sleep at night. Not only will adequate sleep improve an array of areas in your life, but you will feel good and it does wonders for your skin!
2. Drink at least a gallon of water a day.
3. Talk to people everyday, even if it is just on the phone. We are human beings and we were mean to interact.
4. Spend some time in solitude and think about what you really want for yourself.
5. Be positive and believe in yourself, always.
6. Spend time outside, even if it just standing. Everyone needs vitamin D.
7. Take care of your hygiene.
8. Be creative in some way, whether it is dancing, drawing, whatever fits you.
9. Have sold beliefs and values.
10. Have an attitude of gratitude, be thankful for what you have, not what you don't have :)

These ten things will improve your life drastically.

If you have something you do that has improved your wellness please share at sarai.darbandi@gmail.com

No comments:

Popular Posts